Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Who is watching the voting machines?




QuasiPseudo wrote:

Just curious Moze, do you think that any to all of the elections since at least 2000 have been stolen/corrupted?

Moze replied:

I imagine that we've had stolen elections from the beginning of the American experiment, but I think 2000 was a banner year for the combination of technology and corruption when it comes to elections. That year we saw the traditional voter disenfranchisement mixed with blatant "voting irregularities", i.e. Diebold who've consistently promised to deliver elections. Katherine Harris is gone.. so is Jeb.

Somehow I rationalize it all by thinking that if we reach a certain, overwhelming percentage, we can beat the people who control the machines.

And that may be about as stupid as it gets.

Florida is out. I'm from Florida and I know how many soulless criminals live there. The ultimate justice would be if global warming sank the entire state and sent its residents scrambling like a bunch of insects upon the seas (except for my family who live there, of course). I got a kick out of the Democratic denial of their delegates. Seemed perfect.

You have a good point. Who is watching those machines? Everyone is partisan. And most people are fucking as ignorant as it gets when it comes to technology.

The question seems to be, are they going to be entirely stupid and skew things so far that people wonder wtf is going on .. oh, they've already done that.

I don't know. I think we need oversight. Who is in charge of that? Anyone? We can count of the current administration to always break the law. They've never done anything but. Who is watching the voting machines? Other than these guys, who just report on it: www.blackboxvoting.org/

Black Box Voting (.ORG) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit, 501c(3) organization funded by citizen donations.

Donate Now by Visa, MC, Amex

Contact info: 425-793-1030; cell 206-335-7747; Mailing address: 330 SW 43rd St. Suite K, Box 547, Renton WA 98055. E-mail

When SF goes for McCain, we're truly fuct.

Bird is going to vote for Hillary. I'm voting for Obama. I may very well go door to door tomorrow. I gathered signatures for Jerry Brown when I first moved to California a long time ago. Could be fun. I know they always annoy me when they knock on the door. Ah, why not...

people.tribe.net/58284f03-...5a16901380




2 Comments

QuasiPseudo


Mon, February 4, 2008 - 11:00 AM
Thanks for taking the time to comment, this election season's got me pretty irked to say the least.

Im not so interested in proving electoral corruption at this point, but what I am trying to understand is HOW the people who believe that our elections are corrupted think that anything will be different this time around. Did I miss something? The results must still be taken on faith, no? Is this the last hope that people are clinging to, that somehow the removal of this administration will change everything? When Hillary gets elected, will it be a huge triumph for the anti-Bush crowd? Remember who succeeded the last Bush? Someone just as corrupt & connected as who will succeed the next. The hand lowers, shoves itself up a new puppets ass, and raises again. All IMO, of course, but is there any further reason that I should have more faith than none, simply because it is a defeatist attitude?

Moze


Sat, February 9, 2008 - 11:21 PM
Moze


Sat, February 9, 2008 - 11:17 PM
this is interesting

mediamatters.org/items/200802060008

'During MSNBC's February 5 coverage of that day's primary contests, on a day in which Democratic turnout reportedly exceeded Republican by 75 percent, co-anchor Chris Matthews suggested that Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean should be concerned about the party's lack of broad appeal."

75%?

so.. suppose that many democrats vote, even in a fucktard state like Florida, and the election is still stolen. I can't believe the fascists would be able to steal that.

I hope I'm right. I think they want to avoid a revolution because if that happens they'll lose more than they will having to pay taxes for four year.

As criminal as they are, really, something like this, the last thing they want is a spot light on what they've done in the past.

I'm hoping that the shit they've done in the last 8 years will finally make our country say enough. Maybe make us use our power, because voting is power, and even if you have to have a 50 to 1 majority when voting, that's power.

It's entirely anti American what the Bush Fascists have done, but I really don't want to give up hope yet.

No comments: