Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Way to Go Obama




Thu, January 3, 2008 - 10:56 PM

Election year's begun as far as I'm concerned.

I've been behind Barack Obama because I like his message of unity, all his democratic ideals and the fact that he can pick up Independents I don't think Hillary can get. I think he can beat whatever survives that fight over on the Republican side.

I think he actually represents the kind of change we need in this country and as much as I loved Bill Clinton, I don't think Hill's the one. It's still early, but after listening to Obama's speech, I have to write share a few of the things he said. He does that to you. I know I'm supposed to be jaded, cynical and bitter, especially after what's happened to our country in the last 8 years, but I don't know.

The man can speak and for the first time in a long time, he doesn't sound like he's just entirely lying when he speaks. He talks about uniting the nation again.

... trying to catch some of his speech:

"We are choosing hope over fear, we're choosing unity over division and sending a powerful message that change is coming to America."

"You said the time has come to tell the lobbyists who think their money and their influence speak louder than our voices, that they don't own this government, we do, and we're here to take it back. "

His list of who he will be:

".. a president who finally makes health care affordable and available to every single American...

... a president who ends tax breaks for companies that ship our jobs over seas ... middle class tax cut.....

... a president who harnesses the ingenuity of farmers and scientists and entrepreneurs to free us from the tyranny of oil once and for all....

... a president who ends this war in Iraq and finally brings our troops home..

.. who restores our moral standing, who understands that 911 is not a way to scare up votes, but a challenge that should unite America and the world against the common threats of the 21st century - terrorist and nuclear weapons, climate change and poverty, genocide and disease. "

and he pronounced nuclear correctly of course... for fuck's sake I'll be glad when I don't have to listen to Bush make another speech. It's hard to imagine having someone eloquent and intelligent as President after all these years of spoil and ravage by the Bush administration. I just want them to take all the money they stole and to go away.

And someone like Barack Obama can fix the mess they've left behind. I really believe it.

He ended his speech with:

"We are not a collection of red states and of blue states, we are the United States of America"


you can watch it here, it's worth watching. my.barackobama.com/page/content/hqblog
www.barackobama.com/issues/

this is also cool http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/NEWS09/70523032/0/NEWS




2 Comments

Sunburn Sarah


Thu, January 3, 2008 - 11:47 PM
ah..... breathing has become a little easier today...

relief is at hand....

Anthony F


Fri, January 4, 2008 - 12:13 AM
I like the message. I just want some more seasoning on the messenger. I'm for Bill Richardson.

The country needs help in so many ways and a guy who is a Governor, was energy secretary, UN ambassador and congressman might just have the skill set to accomplish the things that need to be done. Like restoring our credibility overseas while dealing with some of the nasty threats we do face. Like having the background to make sensible judgments about alternative energy sources. Like executive experience and not just legislative experience, but with a knowledge of the workings of congress that is helpful in getting priorities made into law.

No comments: