Tuesday, September 16, 2008

State of the Union Address




Mon, January 28, 2008 - 7:53 PM

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Watching Bush's last State of the Union made me feel in parts sad for what he and his people have done to our country and hopeful, that possibly there will be some kind of change for the better. Perhaps now someone can come in and fix the damage.

With every sneer, I remembered what a despicable little man the current resident of the White House is. When he chided Congress for not acting to maintain his "tax relief", when he told them they needed to pass legislation to keep his domestic spying program going, when he spoke of bringing Justice and Liberty to the world... it all makes you a little queasy. He'd spout some double speak and sneer then smile over at his applauding lapdogs on the Republican side of the isle who stood obedient and grateful for how he's filled their coffers with our money in the last 7 years.

Man, I can't wait to not have to see this guy again.

When he was mentioning protecting the environment and how to safeguard our future I felt sick knowing that these last 7 years of inaction will be paid for with global suffering on a scale that didn't have to occur if we'd had leadership rather than a criminal oil man running the show. When he was discussing alternative power and he said NuKuLar I thought to myself, that may be the last time I'll have to hear that idiot mispronounce the word, but later he spent plenty of time on Iran and the threat their NuKuLar program poses. You could almost see the spots of black that are Cheney's eye glisten when GW talked about how we need to keep an eye on Iran. Then he mispronounced Zimbabwe as Zimbawe.. you could tell he was getting tired and that the attention span was starting to wane.

Then he said: "As we increase funding, we must also reform our veterans system to meet the needs of a new war and a new generation." and I thought, a new war huh.. interesting choice of wording there.

Man I hope the final fuck you of this administration isn't to drop nukes on Iran months before they're scheduled to leave. People in the U.S. have gotten used to this administration's total disregard for the law. They're used to being spied on, for having their tax dollars funneled off into the coffers of the fat cat friends of the administration. They're used to hearing about how our government uses torture or how something like the aftermath of Katrina can happen and no one will be held responsible. They're used to seeing elections stolen. They're used to seeing the rich get richer and the middle class and poor get poorer to make them rich. They're used to seeing the Constitution used to wipe these guy's asses.

I can't believe it looks like we're going to survive eight years of this. We are a resilient people...

I imagine this is what it feels like to have an out of control abusive father who is going away to prison soon, or maybe it's like you're just getting better from a disease and you know that by the end of the year, you'll probably be well again. You just want it to be over and you want to get out with as little damage as possible.

I just want them to take the last of our money and leave the mess behind for someone else to fix. I just want them to go away. We've done better before, we can do better again.

www.sfgate.com/flat/archi...nion28.html

image: simondonohue.files.wordpress.com/2...pg




5 Comments

Sunburn Sarah


Mon, January 28, 2008 - 8:43 PM
half the time I was cheering he was on his way out,, and the other half, I was puking.. but that happens everytime the ass speaks..

Hot Damn


Mon, January 28, 2008 - 9:44 PM
You should watch Barak Obama's South Carolina primary victory speech- it'll clear your mind.

Moze


Mon, January 28, 2008 - 10:27 PM
good idea. I'll even post his response to the State of the Union

kaiya (La Princesa del Sol)


Tue, January 29, 2008 - 12:52 AM
I tried so hard.
I am an old man of sorts and watch Jeopardy! every night. For some reason I though the SOB'ss SOU address was on Wednesday. So I turn to ABC and my show has been pre-empted by a speech being given by the 'Leader of the Free World.' WTF?? I tried so hard. I tried so, so hard. But I literally could not sit through it. Just couldn't do it. That smug, smirk as people all around me are beginning to hunt for roommates because they can't afford the same stuff they were affording last year at this time because the price of everything went through the roof. When every effing time I go to LAX, I see some 18 or 22 year old being shipped off to a probable death; when some of my students' parents have become literally homeless as part of the fall-out from the sub-prime lending debacle; when even I have set my course to leave California in 21 months for North Carolina because it's so much more affordable ... that Soulless Demonic Loser, has the nerve to SMILE, at every pause he made? I couldn't do it without breaking sh*t and since I don't have the extra fundage to replace a television with a clawhammer lodged in its front, I went ahead and changed the channel.

Thanks so much for posting this...and your Statue of Liberty (float?) picture is PRICELESS!!!

best,
kaiya

Sunburn Sarah


Tue, January 29, 2008 - 5:51 AM
" that Soulless Demonic Loser"

well said!

No comments: