Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Don't give up Hope




Fri, December 9, 2005 - 9:41 PM

d00rmaus: duuude
d00rmaus: you and herrick and zemos all bailed!
spider_rabbit: huh?
d00rmaus: hee
spider_rabbit: playing tonight?
d00rmaus: we were gonna
spider_rabbit: I'm busy putting up the 2006 theme for Mr. Harvey
d00rmaus: slave to the man
spider_rabbit: yup, good place to be.
spider_rabbit: not much up there but text, see typos? fuxxored stuff?
spider_rabbit: [URL withheld until it is released and stuff]
spider_rabbit: don't send that around
d00rmaus: looks cool
d00rmaus: man sounds like a great theme
spider_rabbit: Waiting for more art. Right now I'm trying to write something comparing the two apocalypses, Islam v. Xtian
spider_rabbit: how's the bourbon treating you?
d00rmaus: didn't really start, was waitin for the game
d00rmaus: but I guess I should go ahead
spider_rabbit: damn
spider_rabbit: sorry man, I had no idea
spider_rabbit: kevin must be around
d00rmaus: eh no biggie, we've been playing WoW
spider_rabbit: there, I uploaded loopy man refresh.
spider_rabbit: mych0 made it a looping gif
d00rmaus: nice
spider_rabbit: All of these devices will be connected by a closed Wifi network, and linked to a secure computer equipped with a sophisticated software program.
spider_rabbit: hahahha
d00rmaus: yeah that shit is spotty in normal conditions
spider_rabbit: nothing is sophisticated at BM
spider_rabbit: I imagine Larry's totally being a prankster with this: This futuristic technology will employ a complex algorithm...
d00rmaus: the mean is 0
d00rmaus: humanity is an empty vessel of decadance and hate
d00rmaus: it's a constant
spider_rabbit: so you vote for distopia. Thats cool.
spider_rabbit: However, I disagree, not all humanity
spider_rabbit: I suspect that when I die, my deeds (even with my aggressive nature) will make me feel pretty good about what I did here
d00rmaus: you believe in an afterlife
spider_rabbit: I'm agnostic
spider_rabbit: I believe I don't know
spider_rabbit: but I was "dead" once and I was outside in the air
spider_rabbit: that kind of keeps me happy
spider_rabbit: I was looking down at the roof of that ambulance
d00rmaus: I believe that once you accept the possiblity there might not be a god, you're effectively an athiest
d00rmaus: because god is faith
spider_rabbit: nah, I don't believe that
d00rmaus: everything else is games
spider_rabbit: Games are competition. Nothing competitive when you accept how utterly alone you are at that moment of death. I just say you don't know. live your life and care about people, practice compassion and you'll be ok, and if there's nothing else, at least you helped the species be little nicer to each other.
spider_rabbit: fuck the rules of religion. Religion is fucking crap, always has been
spider_rabbit: we are god man
spider_rabbit: the whole thing boils down to, does your consciousness transfer anywhere when your corporeal mass dies
spider_rabbit: I had an experience that makes me think it does for at least 20 minutes
spider_rabbit: so that's what keeps me from stressing about it
d00rmaus: I'm not really stressed about dying
d00rmaus: every once and I while I remember I'm mortal and panic a bit
spider_rabbit: I only hope there's a fucking horrible hell for people like Bush etc who lived for greed and other horrible shit and had the power to bring about their sadism and greed. I hope they have to see the other side. But I don't expect it for them.
d00rmaus: but most of the time life is just a pattern
d00rmaus: a game with shifting rules
spider_rabbit: well, you've passed on your DNA, you've essentially fulfilled your biological purpose
d00rmaus: yes, I've survived long enough to breed
d00rmaus: now I just need to make sure my spawn can take care of itself
d00rmaus: long enough to breed
spider_rabbit: from a purely biological perspective, it's all about passing on that genentic code and mixing it with some other code in the chance that it'll be the mutation that makes the species more hardy. The culmination of evolution is procreation. Make something better suited to survive when the Martians invade.
d00rmaus: yeah, but we've made more out of it, that's pretty special
d00rmaus: that we took dirt and built castles in the clouds
d00rmaus: that's something to be said for humanity
spider_rabbit: yup
spider_rabbit: opposable thumbs and large craniums
d00rmaus: nines and gats
spider_rabbit: but with progress comes the whole ability to end it all, and unfortunatly no one who cares about responsibility holds any of the power They're all like spoiled children, gettting what they can and not giving a shit about the entire species. And using religion to self righteously hate and stamp out anything they're uncomfortable with. Things could be so much better. They're really just slave holders in an age where some of us really despise that who concept. Slave, serf, god, politicians...

spider_rabbit: someday people will look back at this time like they do now about when there were slaves in the south.
spider_rabbit: They'll ask, how did corporations and greedy politicians control humanity like that?
spider_rabbit: I don't know my child... I don't know
spider_rabbit: cool, I'll put that in my blog.
spider_rabbit: smoochies Mr. Holt
d00rmaus: smoochie

No comments: